- August 26, 2020Record Store Day 2020 exclusive! “Lights Out Zoltar!” by Gemma Ray has been out of print on vinyl for too long, but you can git yourselves a limited edition pink vinyl 10th anniversary pressing with revamped art, plus DL card, at any of the ‘drop dates’ starting this Saturday August 29th, and then on Sep 26th and Oct 24th. What some wise folks said at the time:“This album is a rare treat indeed” – John Doran (BBC/QUIETUS)“Had Phil Spector forced his girl groups in a more noir-soundtrack direction, this might’ve been the result. Ray has a truly impressive feel for vintage pop flourishes, layered to lavish effect. And all those details are what you’re supposed to be paying attention to, right up until the blade hits your back.” SPIN“Three months after I first got the album I’m still marveling at the way Ray has synthesized a whole slew of retro references into a cinematic psychedelic sound. Ray’s sound is like one of those Willy Wonka Gobstoppers: it’s massive and composed of layer upon layer of aural tastes and colours” – VANITY FAIR“An eerie aural kaleidoscope that conjures up thoughts of what an album by Mary Weiss of the Shangri-Las produced by David Lynch would have sounded like” – WSJ
- June 19, 2020
Daylight Star is the first single by Sun Cutter (aka Kevin Pearce), out today an all digital platforms. and taken from the forthcoming eponymous LP.
Sun Cutter is from Colchester, England. Two years ago, Kevin suffered a heart
attack (on a golf course!). As well as having to redress his excessive living, his rehabilitation involved writing and recording the Sun Cutter project.
It is a reflective album of contradistinction; a timeless classic whose vocals, lyrics
and craft bring to mind the warmth of Richie Havens, Cat Stevens, Van Morrison and Tim Buckley while displaying – on songs like ‘Hold Out’ and ‘Don’t Fail Me Now’ – a more contemporary sound that nonetheless refuses to bow to the whims of fashion.
Co-produced with pal Dean Honer (The Moonlandingz, I Monster, Keeley Forsyth, Eccentronic Research Council). Kevin spent the tail end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 on tour with Turin Brakes before the pandemic cut it short, plus cancelled appearances at Bearded Theory and Glastonbury. Touring will resume when you know what…
Stream/download: https://snd.click/ejedmContinue reading →
- April 21, 2020
The second of 2 x Bronzerat’s Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fundraisers is a German-language no wave HIT by Berlin producer/composer Ralf Goldkind (Trost/Toni Kater/Dieter Maier/Die Fantastichen Vier). “Abstand Halten!” (translates as “Keep Your Distance”, geddit?). What was originally a “back off” in song form, is now a dancefloor anthem to civic duty!!
Available on all digital platforms, but we recommend Bandcamp for fast donations and no upper limit! https://ralfgoldkind.bandcamp.com/track/abstand-halten
Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/d0oik4Ra2ioContinue reading →
- April 10, 2020
“…look outside your window pane,
it’s raining blades,
things won’t always be the same
…Stay inside, stay inside with me”
With the current lockdowns and life-altering craziness that is afoot, this archived home recording by Gemma Ray is now seeing the light of day for the first time, to serve as a gentle reminder of what we should all be doing right now during the Covid-19 outbreak. Written and recorded before ‘The Leader’, it got forgotten about until the events of today jolted her memory of it. Though the song itself is obviously not about curbing a pandemic, nevertheless, do the right thing and STAY INSIDE.
All other platforms: https://ffm.to/stayinside
all proceeds will go to The Covid 19 Solidarity Response Fund, so please give generously if you can afford to. Alternatively you can donate directly here: covid19responsefund.orgContinue reading →
- January 20, 2020
A deluxe edition of Psychogeology with extra bonus (previously unreleased) tracks is out today on all digital platforms. The extra tracks include Killbite (taken from the album sessions), a re-imagining of Death Tapes (called Together We Walk) by Berlin sound pioneer Beate Bartel (Liaisons Dangereuses, Mania D., Malaria!, Einsturzende Neubauten), plus My World Is Empty Without You.
You can find at your preferred go-to here: https://ffm.to/psychogeology
- November 26, 2019
The 1st instalment of a single series by Gemma Ray called Slo-town is released on 2nd December 2019. My World Is Empty Without You is a stripped-bare re-imagining of the 1965 hit by The Supremes, and a tribute to Motown on its 60th anniversary.
Pre-Add / Pre-Save : https://ffm.to/myworldisempty
- April 20, 2019
Gemma and band will play a one-off special two-part concert at Berlin’s Volksbuhne on Friday, May 3rd. Also exhibited, for one night only, an audio installation by Gemma Ray in the Volksbuhne’s foyer, entitled “Psychotic Gemmation: a sonic tapestry of process, progress, madness and form’. Tickets here: https://www.volksbuehne.berlin/de/programm/8030/konzert-audio-installation-gemma-ray
- January 28, 2019
Don’t say we never offer anything to you for free…
Pre-save Gemma Ray’s upcoming album ‘Psychogeology’ on Spotify to be in with a chance of winning one of two exclusive swag bags. The winners will be announced on Feb 15th, the same day ‘Psychogeology’ is released.
To enter, please visit: https://presave.io/t/psychogeology
Swag Bag contents:
– Signed test pressing of ‘Psychogeology’ album.
– Signed full colour A1 ‘Psychogeology’ Album Launch poster.
– Original handwritten lyric work-in-progress note sheet.
– Limited Edition ‘Psychogeology Society’ Tour T-shirt or Jacket.
Continue reading →
- January 10, 2019
Gemma Ray and Bronzerat Records are delighted to announce that Gemma’s latest album ‘Psychogeology’ will be released on Feb 15th. Recorded at Candybomber and Gemma’s own Berlin studio, the scene is set for sci-fi synthscapes meets girl-group dramarama, gothic surf disco, blues cantatas, Melody Nelson-era Gainsbourg groove, and harmony-laden, reverb-drenched folk-pop.
In support of the release, Gemma will be touring Europe, taking in Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, France and the UK. Grab tickets at Gemma’s site. Pre-order ‘Psychogeology’ on CD and LP now via the Bronzerat store. Tour dates below.
FULL BAND TOUR, EUROPE 2019:
Feb 15: BERLIN, Musik & Frieden
Feb 17: HAMBURG, Nochtspeicher
Feb 18: UTRECHT, TivoliVredenburg
Feb 20: OFFENBACH, Hafen 2
Feb 21: STUTTGART, Merlin Kulturzentrum
Feb 22: LUXEMBOURG, Prabbeli Wiltz
Feb 23: DORTMUND, Theater Dortmund
Feb 24: NÜRNBERG, Z-Bau
Feb 25: ZÜRICH, El Lokal
Feb 26: BASEL, Parterre One Music
Feb 27: PARIS, Supersonic
Feb 28: RAMSGATE, Ramsgate Music Hall *
Mar 1: LEEK, Foxlowe Arts Centre *
Mar 2: HEBDEN BRIDGE, Hebden Bridge Trades *
Mar 3: NEWCASTLE, Cobalt Studios *
Mar 5: LONDON, Victoria Dalston The Victoria *
* = Double Bill with Thomas Truax *Continue reading →
- August 14, 2018
As part of Berlin’s Pop-Kultur 2018, Gemma will collaborate with post-krautrock/neo-psych trio Automat, featuring Jochen Albeit (of Einzturzende Neubauten), Achim Farber and Zeitblom, with a performance at the Berlin Palais this Friday August 17th. Gemma, Lydia Lunch and Paul St Hilaire will lend their vocals for a specially-commisioned one-off performance from the instrumentalists, based on a concept of modularity. Stagetime is 20:40pm. Tickets and more info here: http://www.pop-kultur.berlin/en/modules/automat/